Rebus Puzzles – Kick Start

This week I did the Rebus Puzzles – Kick Start Activity! The task is all about creating your own story… by only using emojis?! I had to replace some words in my story with emojis which is kinda easy to me. My story is basically called “Follow your hopes and dreams” since it’s based on a movie called “Coco” which is my favourite Mexican movie!! Also had to make my story a bit different and put an awesome quote too. Hope you enjoy and understand my story =)

One thought on “Rebus Puzzles – Kick Start

1. Tēnā koe Leata,

I love these rebus activities as I find the rebus riddles so fun, this term we did a rebus riddle every morning before roll call as a daily riddle! This activity is even better as it uses both rebus riddles and literacy skills as you write your story.

I think your story was very cool. I love a classic summer story. Who is Mateo in your story? Is he based on a movie or someone you know?. You did an awesome job selecting emojis that clearly translate to the word they mean. A cool step up may be challenging yourself to use two emojis to make one word.

I would like to know what emojis you would use to write your name??

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ