Kowhai Drawing

This week we were drawing a Kowhai and learning some facts about Kowhai too. Fact 1: A Kowhai is a small woody legume trees. Fact 2: The blooms of the Kowhai are widely regarded as being NZ’s national FLOWER. Fact 3: Did you know that the word KOWHAI is used in a Maori Language, for the colour yellow. Hope you like the FACTS and my DRAWING!!

2 thoughts on “Kowhai Drawing

1. Kia ora Leata,

Awesome work on your kōwhai drawing. You captured the shape of the petals really well. I like how you have used the different yellows and browns to colour it: it gives your drawing depth.
    Great work on adding the facts to your post too. Any idea what a legume is and what makes it different from other trees?

Michelle
    Manaiakalani Facilitator (Horowhenua)

2. Kia ora Leata,

My name is Theresa and I am one of the Summer Learning Journal commenters. I love your drawing. It is simple and elegant. There is a saying that often less is more and in this case it is true. Your picture showcases the beauty of the Kowhai flower! Ka pai 🙂

I enjoyed reading your facts about the kowhai – the only one I knew was that it was the maori word for yellow. The other 2 facts were new to me. Keep up the great work

Ngā mihi
    Theresa