I Heard a Whisper

I heard a whisper but no-one was there

Imagine you heard a whisper but couldn’t see who had whispered. Write to narrate (tell) a story about a whisper.

• I heard a whisper but no-one was there, I thought it was just my imagination. So I ignored and focused on my schoolwork, but as I was focusing on my schoolwork, I heard another whisper. “Mr Burt is going to get pranked” it whispered again. My eyes shot big when I heard that. I looked around the classroom, seeing if someone was messing with me. “Are you okay?” asked Kaylee. “Mr Burt is going to get pranked” I said softly. “WHAT?!” shouted Kaylee. “Kaylee, keep your voice down please” said Mrs Stone. “How do you know?” asked Kaylee, when she lowered her voice down. “Uhhhh- this might sound crazy. But the WHISPER told me” I said to Kaylee. “Who’s the Whisper?” said Kaylee. “I just gave it a name, okay Kaylee” I said. 

• When Literacy was over, we went back to our home class and ate our Morning Tea. As we were eating our Morning Tea, Mr Burt made an announcement on the speaker. He had said “Stop look and listen, today we had an unexpected surprise in the office. It wasn’t a nice surprise, it was a bad surprise from… me. So we’re going to find who did this bad surprise and have a talk with them” said Mr Burt in the speaker. I was shocked to hear that Mr Burt got pranked. When everyone was done eating, I went to play with Kaylee & Bonnie. “Leata, Kaylee told me that you said Mr Burt got pranked” said Bonnie. “Yeah, the Whisper told me” I said to Bonnie. We walked to our usual spot at the deck. 

• As we were talking, the Whisper said “When Marzuli was running, he slipped” it whispered. “Wait- WHAT” I shouted. *Marzuli Screaming in Pain* “What the- is that Marzuli?!” said Bonnie. Me and the girls went to Marzuli, Marzuli was just at the stairs next to Team 4. There were lots of people around him, but we got through. Miss T.A came in shock and saw what had happened. Marzuli’s left leg was a little bit twisted, so Miss T.A had to carry him. Bonnie couldn’t believe what happened to Marzuli. And so was I, the Whisper is going a bit too far with this one. After school was finished, I went home with my little sister & my mum. But when I got home, the Whisper said “The school is going to burn down” it whispered. 

• “I’m sorry- WHAT?!” I said. “Okay, okay this got to be a dream. Mr Burt got pranked, next Marzuli fell by the stairs and NOW the school is going to burn down?!” I said so angrily. “This school is going to burn down…in 2:40” it whispered. The school was about to burn down at 2:40, if I called the firemans at about 2:37 or more. Then the school won’t burn down! But I don’t know the phone number for it. I tried to think fast, the Whisper has gone too far. What if I just go there BEFORE the school burns down. “You know what, I’m going there MYSELF rather you like it or not Whisper!” I said to myself. As I put on my shoes and ran outside. “Oi o fea e te alu i ai Leata?!” said my mum, as she went outside too with a SHOE in her hand. “SORRY MUM, I HAVE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL NOW” I said back to my mum. I already knew I was in trouble.

• When I got to my school, not knowing what time it was. I ran inside the school, trying to figure out where the fire is going to start. I think for a moment… then DING, I knew where the fire was going to start. The teacher’s bay was the right place, it must have an oven. I ran straight to the office, where the teacher’s bay was. The Whisper kept on saying “You’re going to run out of time”. I didn’t believe it until I see it. At the teacher’s bay, there was… Miss Moala cooking cupcakes. “What in the butter cream are you doing Miss Moala?” I asked. “Wait what? School is finished, you shouldn’t  be here” said Miss Moala. I looked at what she was doing, she was about to put the cupcakes in. “Wait Miss Moala, did you check if the oven was leaking?” I asked. “Huh what do you- Oh my, it is leaking how did you know?” said Miss Moala, backing away from the oven. “I-I just knew if it was leaking b-because I know h-how ovens work, yeah I know how ovens work” I said to her. Miss Moala nodded and called the mechanic.

• As for me, I went home and got a huge HIDING from my mum. Man, I wonder how she is so good with a shoe. I went to bed, thinking about how I saved the day at school. Also the Whisper stopped whispering about things, maybe I stopped the whispering who’s the boss of this body. I grabbed out my diary, started to write about my crazy day that just happened. The diary is my LIFE. “What are you writing?” said my dad. “Oh just about my crazy day I had” I said, then winked.

2 thoughts on “I Heard a Whisper

1. Hello Leata, your mind is so creative I love everything about your story even though i don’t like horror or creepy stories but its comedy for me I think. From ur bestfriend Kaylee.